الموضوع في 'أرشيف المنتدى التعليمي' بواسطة romeo_is_me, بتاريخ 12 أكتوبر 2008.
subject : it is not good to know only one language.. what is it's bad efects
The importance of mother tongue can never be undermined or denied, nevertheless, knowing a second or a foreign language is also important, because speaking only one language would limit our choices and thoughts and also it would prevent us from improving our knowledge and skills. Indeed, if we stick to our mother tongue we won't be open to other civilizations and cultures.
i guess what our friend "atomic cat" wrote is good enough and it expresses really what your topic is about.
however romeo, im afraid that this is a homework that you are supposed to do, if this is the case please do it by your self and if you want we are here to correct it and make it better,it's very important if you want to improve your english
(i dont know if i have the right to say that and im sorry for this intervention but believe me it's only for your sake) good luck
I'm pretty sure that it's a homework assigned by the teacher and she will soon realize that someone older and have a high standard in English has done the work instead
And as you said dear Forest it would be better if you bring us your own writing with the simple words that you know and we will correct it for you
there is also problem of age
if you don't learn another language at an early age it will be
difficult to learn it as an adult
it is the critical age hypothesis
you can also add this in your essay
I'll give you some simple notes:
*Advantages of knowing other languages:
- helps you communicate with different people from allover the world.
- enables you to understand the other since you know his languages
- helps you discover other civilizations and cultures.
- Broadens your minds knowledge about what people in different parts of the world do and how they live, think and behave.
- helps you make new friends.
*Sticking to the mother tongue:
- narrows (restricts) your knowledge of the other.
- you become unable to start a simplest talk with the others as Hi and How are you.
- Some languages like English has become a necessity because it's the language of the computer and the internet.
I hope that you can formulate a well coherent pargraph
Don't forget that it's an argumentative essay, so use the expressions of addition and opposition like:
* Addition: In addition, Furthermore, Besides, too, in addition ....................
*Opposition: But, However, Yet, Although,.
thank you TUNISIA SAT thnx administration.. you helped me alot in my studies
أفصل بين الأسماء بفاصلة.