1. كل المواضيع تعبّر عن رأي صاحبها فقط و ادارة المنتدى غير مسؤولة عن محتوياتها
    إستبعاد الملاحظة

Baggy pants/Saggy pants

الموضوع في 'English & French Archive' بواسطة AYOUDA24, بتاريخ ‏15 أكتوبر 2008.

1. AYOUDA24

AYOUDA24 نجم المنتدى

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏12 مارس 2008
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      15-10-2008 18:33
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Yesterday, In Dr. Phil’s Show, they discussed the issue of Baggy pants; Dr Phil hosted some teenagers and some parents in the studio and they wanted to see the reasons behind their choice of wearing such kinds of pants and what they want to say to the society through lowing their jeans and showing their undernies.
    So, I thought of posting the issue of saggy/Baggy pants here to see what your opinions are too.

In what follows, a summary of the main points discussed in the show.

This new fashion trend among teenagers, as most calls it, spread almost in all the states in America especially in the South among the Black.
    Baggy pants are low waist pants that show the under wears of those who wear them
    Here are the pictures and you'll understand what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parents:

Parents appeared fully stunned towards this fashion trend and they said that baggy pants and exposed undies are the worst fashion trend the world has ever seen so far. They added that this style of dressing is insane and unpleasant to look at and if it will show something in these guys, It will show how slob, immature, stupid and never grown up those they are.
    Wearing baggy/saggy pants and wandering with them in the mulls, schools, colleges and every where in the streets is another way for teenagers to rebel against society. It goes along with smoking, drugs, excessive body piercing, pink hear… and using slang as part of a style for young adults.

The young adults:

The young hosts expressed their style of dressing and wearing the baggy pants proudly and freely. They said that it’s a style of life like rock’n’roll, hip-hop, long hear, piercing…….. and that it is most importantly a method of self-expression.
    They said that wearing clothes is a personal statement of one’s self, and not the others around us. So why should someone stop us for wearing overly large pants? It’s all based on freedom and rights. One of them said that it’s his way to rebel against the society: poverty, discrimination, unemployment, high taxes………
    Parents interfered outraged to ask them whether they think really that exposing under wears and body organs and being indecent will solve problems of any kind.
    Another important point is related to this issue which is Fashion police and Banning baggy-pants in the USA (This point wasn’t mentioned in the show but I found it when I was searching for some information about baggy pants).
    Yes, it seems that proposals to ban saggy pants are starting to ride up in several places and states. This piece of news pleased some and they really called for banning saggy pants and penalising all those who wear them. One interviewee, her name is, Ms. Lartigue, confirmed that “it crosses the line when a person shows their backside. You can’t legislate how people dress, but you can legislate when people begin to become indecent by exposing their body parts”
    But proposals of a legislation and ordinance also irritated and provoked others. Lawrence Stevenson, one of baggy pants fan said: “…….. I wear what I wear. I do, infact, wear my pants below my waist, I wear larger t-shirts, and maybe my shoes are untied from time to time. Honestly, that’s how I’ve dressed for years. It’s no fad for me, it’s just what I did. I’m not going to change that soon, but I know how to dress when I come to an interview. It’s common sense, then. But making a law to ban this is taking away a self-expression of freedom that some teenagers like to hold onto. Maybe some do it because it’s cool, and some do it because they want to, it’s comfortable. Let them. I mean, how many things can be legally outlaw because a larger majority of people disagree with it and believe it’s “indecent”? Really, this could be done with a lot of things. Cigarettes, alcohol, and even tight clothes or small clothes. I don’t like cigarettes; ban them completely. I hate alcoholics; make that illegal for me. And it could go on forever. Thanks ».
    Another participant says: “I’ve got one phrase: Slippery-slope. Please, if you outlaw sagging pants, also outlaw pants that show girls’ G-strings, or see-through tops, or mini-skirts…..”
    It seems that fads like this one plays an important role in widening the gap between grown-ups (in minds) and those teenagers or young adults who presume that their freedom of expression is in their ways of dressing.

Personally, I’m against wearing such pants and displaying underwears for both sex: boys and gils; IT’s immature and irrational

Thank you very much and sorry for it’s long

I wait for your opinions

Best regards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 شخص معجب بهذا.
  2. fahmi alila

fahmi alila نجم المنتدى

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏3 نوفمبر 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      15-10-2008 19:59
    very funny
    in my way
    these pants are so dirty and they can not give more to my look
    perhaps it will be a dislike
    when I see some one wearing these pants
    I laugh on him and even I ignore him
    that's my point of view
    and I'm totally responsable of saying so....
    okay
    thanks for this subject Aida

2 شخص معجب بهذا.
  3. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump كبير مراقبي منتدى الفرنسيّة و الانقليزيّة طاقم الإدارة

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏29 جويلية 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      15-10-2008 23:34
    thanks a lot AYOUDA for this topic
    first i want to mention that these kind of vogues are not new at all for the american poeple and we certainly know the "hippies" and how much they were opposed not by the parents but also from some federal governments so i guess it's something expected that older generations will disagree with younger ones.
    im totally against these pants and i can never imagine that my son oneday will wear something like that. however, i can see this topic from another vision which is the ability of the american young poeple to create "things" to express themselves and the question here is not the level of how much that this "thing" is valuable or not but the free and democratic atmosphere they are living in and i think it's the right atmosphere to create a self-confident, creative and inspired persons
    so i wish that oneday the floor will be ours to be free enough to express ourselves and then im pretty sure that our way will be just great and appropriate not like these pants.

(i remarked that these days lot of "games" topic in our english session it's important but we should not forget the importance of discussing topics and exchanging ideas so thx again AYOUDA)

1 person likes this.
  4. AYOUDA24

AYOUDA24 نجم المنتدى

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏12 مارس 2008
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      16-10-2008 00:10
    Thanks a lot Forrest Gump. After posting this issue, the same idea has come to my mind and it's still running;
    Why are we just playing and not writing about serious and important matters, whether they concern us primarily or worldwide subjects.

I hope that every day at least one of us write a new thread which treats a certain problem or any new phenomenon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. AYOUDA24

AYOUDA24 نجم المنتدى

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏12 مارس 2008
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      16-10-2008 00:38
    What I understood from them in the show that wearing such pants is a kind of rebel on the gvt and society and everything that doesn't work with them; for them it's a way to express some ideas in their minds and to voice some calls for change. It's a way like many ways they adopted in the past: like drugs, alcohols.....
    But the problem here is that this way of rebellion is unacceptable and indecent. You want to rebel, Okay, but does this need to show me you underwear to know that you're rebelling on the community.
    Does lowering pants under the waist and hitching them from mn to mn will solve any pbm or embetter any situation
    I'm not against expressing one's opinion freely whenever it necessitates but we have to be mature and rational; Mature and Rational in our speech, dressing and minds which is the most important thing.

[​IMG]

2 شخص معجب بهذا.
  6. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump كبير مراقبي منتدى الفرنسيّة و الانقليزيّة طاقم الإدارة

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏29 جويلية 2007
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      16-10-2008 00:54
    exactly AYOUDA and what i meant is i really envy them for the freedom they have and we all agree that these kind of gestures are unappropriate
    you said :
    are you sure about this? :)

1 person likes this.
  7. AYOUDA24

AYOUDA24 نجم المنتدى

إنضم إلينا في:
    ‏12 مارس 2008
    المشاركات:
    الإعجابات المتلقاة:
      16-10-2008 06:32
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol, I'm not addressing you, I'm just talking in general to those people who think that dressing in a bizarre way is a form of a rebel on society. So we're not against their opinions but against the indecent way they follow to rebel
    That's my point
    I know you're kind and not like them

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

مشاركة هذه الصفحة

جاري تحميل الصفحة...