• كل المواضيع تعبّر عن رأي صاحبها فقط و ادارة المنتدى غير مسؤولة عن محتوياتها

A story

tlwise

عضو فعال
إنضم
22 ماي 2019
المشاركات
مستوى التفاعل
I read sometimes and make quick search on the net others, many real stories grabbed my attention.

A kind of stories that guise real meaning of life, lessons are disguised but the wise only can find out the real meaning.

Can you share a story you lived or read about that you judge full of meaning and moral lessons.

My story:

I am not keen about martial arts at all especially boxing, but days ago I watched a short video about an American boxer who was a hero in 90s.His name was Tommy Morrison,who mostly won by knock out, he was a phenomenon, even dared to challenge greatest names at that time, such as Foreman and L. Lewis.
In the late nineties he tested positive for HIV,after years of fame and marvelous boxing track record and luxurious night life, the mighty boxer started collapsing…and died in 2013,with a face of an old man exceeding eighties
He did not invest in his health and mental performance, rather in pride, and his name as one of the youngest boxers who won the heavyweight title made him feel invincible.

Pride and arrogance give instant power that fade once we do not learn the lesson on due time

1667301687354.png
.​

Thank you for this wonderful thread and also for the story about the boxer's unfortunate fate, which in turn serves as a cogent reminder that even the mighty can fall. I'll be back inshallah once I've found a story worth sharing

أعلى